Sunday 8 February 2015

Wedding card


We're all romantic & spoony this week at Rubberdubber towers. It's Valentine's Day next week & yesterday was me & Mr B's 27th date-a-versary, an event we still celebrate, even though we've been married umpteen years. 

27 years ago last night we went to Aberystwyth Arts Centre to watch the sort of pretentious foreign film we'd hoot with laughter at these days, before earnestly deconstructing it in the union bar.

Mr B considers it a master stroke that he asked me out just before Valentine's Day, as each year he's able to pick up a modest bunch of flowers at a "sensible" price & they're still in bloom a week later, thus allowing him to avoid buying a Valentine's bouquet at "silly" prices. 

"Well, it's hardly worth it. These have got another few days left in them yet", he'll say, deadheading a carnation.

Anyway, pondering on the fairytale that is married life inspired me to make this card using the new For the New Two and Something Lacy stamp sets.



I got that white border effect totally by accident. First I stamped the pink background from the Everything Eleanor stamp set onto white cardstock. I stamped another onto card & cut it out to make a mask, which I placed back over the stamped image, so that I could over stamp the lace background. The card was quite thick, and so when I over stamped the lace stamp, it couldn't make contact properly with the card at the edge of the mask, & it left a wider border than I was expecting. I really like it though, & will try that effect with other stamps & masks. The trick is to use card to mask off & not paper. 



The Apothecary Accents Framelit matches the larger background stamp perfectly, & I cut a second one in glitter paper, cut it in 2 & popped it behind so it was just slightly peeping out. Too much would have looked cheap but just a hint of sparkle really lifts the card.

Here's what I used (all stamps listed below are cling mount - wood mount are also available)


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment