Sunday 10 May 2015

Clean and Simple card using the Pictogram Punches stamp set (& video tutorial)


clean and simple card pictogram punches

This handmade card features Stampin' Up!'s Pictogram Punches stamp set, which is being carried forward into the 2015-16 annual catalogue (out 2 June 2015). Hurray!

Like all good stamp sets, it has a set of coordinating punches - in this case, the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, which consists of star, heart and flower punches.

Do you like the paper piercing round the edge? It adds a bit of interest and texture to white space. There's a new template for that in the new catalogue too.

When designing this card I used the principle of splitting the card into thirds. Apparently the eye naturally finds items placed where the thirds of the page intersect, pleasing. So the vase is at (roughly!) 2/3 across the card, and the sentiment & ribbon are roughly 2/3 of the way down. 

I made a video showing step by step how I made the card. Apologies for the poor light. I wasn't filming in my usual place, and it turned out darker than I'd anticipated!


If you'd like to purchase anything featured in this video, here's what I used:



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment