Sunday 7 June 2015

Simple star card


stampin' Up!

It's easy to get carried away with this stamp set and that die set, but of course you can create great cards with very few supplies.
 
I love using the Project Life label framelits, they instantly create a 3x4" card which is really modern looking. But not everyone has a Big Shot die cutting machine. So for this card I cut my base cardstock to 6x4", scored it down the middle to create a card & then rounded the edges using a corner rounder punch - if you don't have one, place a small coin on your corner & draw round it in pencil, then carefully cut with scissors. Easy - and the coin should ensure you get the same curve on each corner.
 
I cut the white cardstock so it was fractionally smaller than the base card & rounded the edges. the same with the striped paper (which is from the Cherry on Top 6x6" stack).
 
I stamped one of the spatter stamps from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with Versamark embossing ink & applied iridescent ice embossing powder & heat embossed it - you can just make it out in this picture. It gives a bit of depth to the finished card.

clean and simple card
 
If you don't have any of those, get a similar effect by dotting dazzling details glitter glue across the card, or a glue pen & some iridescent glitter.
 
I stamped the Congrats stamp from the Silhouettes and Script set (this is a hostess set, available to buy when you place an order for £150 or more. I bought it for these Dymo label type sentiments, which I love), but you can use any stamp set or sentiment. Or use the label maker that this mimics if you have one.
 
I hand cut the silver starburst from glimmer paper (I promise you this is the sparkliest glitter card you will ever see!! Use it sparingly for little accents like this & save your lower quality glitter card for matting & layering etc) and punched the little heart from the Owl Builder punch (although I could have handcut that too). The star is from the Itty bitty punch pack, but again, they are reasonably easy to hand cut too.
 
Finally, I cut the scalloped edge off the dotted lace ribbon & stuck that with a glue pen to cover the join between the patterned paper and white cardstock.
 
A simple, clean and easy card :)
 
You can buy any of these items from my Stampin' up! store 
 
And if you are having a bit of a shop & your order is approaching the £100 mark, think about joining as a demonstrator - you'll get 2 free stamps sets during June, as well as 20% discount on your order, and you don't  have to buy or sell any more if you don't want to. More details here and you can crack on and sign up (listing me as your demonstrator) at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sambracegirdle/promotions
 
Have fun & I look forward to welcoming you to Stampin' Up! :)
 
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment