Tuesday 24 November 2015

Folio style December journal (video)


This is my completed December journal! It's full of pockets, pages & photo mounts, ready for documenting next month's festivities 

If you're not familiar with December journals, they're a lovely way to capture memories of a fun & busy time of the year, especially if you have a growing family. Here's a great introduction to them http://aliedwards.com/projects/december-daily although there are many different approaches you can adopt for your journal.

I've made it in a photo folio style, so that I'm not tied to making an entry a day during December or having any kind of coherent narrative running through it. At its simplest it will be a folder for keeping this year's Christmas photos, cards and memorabilia (receipts, present lists etc) together, although I will includee journalling for some days, should my children remove themselves from their computers & we, oh, I don't know, ACTUALLY GO SOMEWHERE AND DO SOMETHING!! Ahem. 

I used 2 ranges from Stampin' Up!'s current Autumn/Winter catalogue; the Home For Christmas DSP (& the cute matching Cozy Christmas stamp set); and the Project Life Hello December 2015 journal cards, accessories & stamps. 


I have taken many, many photos of it - you can wade through them all here - https://flickr.com/photos/123525749@N02/sets/72157660991604470

And here's a video walk though! Do leave a comment or a "like", it would make my day :)


I used a pre-made folio folder by Ranger, and these lovely Stampin' Up! products. You can buy them by clicking on the pictures:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning Samantha! Good luck in getting it filled x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've collected photos and memorabilia from the last couple of days so signs are good!

      Delete