Sunday 24 January 2016

Pop up Valentine #1


Here's a crisp and clean pop up Valentine card made with the new Bloomin' Love bundle - a die set and a coordinating set of stamps (buy as a bundle rather than individually & save 15%). The die reminded me of the lovely white laser cut cards you can buy so I thought I have a go at making my own.


I took a piece of Whisper White Thick card and folded it down the middle to make a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. 



I positioned the floral heart die on it with the bottom point about half an inch from the score line. For running it through the Big Shot, I placed the top cutting pad so that it didn't cover the very bottom point of the heart. I really need to buy new cutting pads, don't I?



This is so that it doesn't cut that part out and the bottom remains attached to the base of the card & helps hold it in place - look carefully at the photo & you'll see.


Gently push the part cut heart up so that it's perpendicular to the opposite side of the card. Punch a piece of Whisper White with the Word Window punch (or cut a narrow strip about 1.5" x .25"). Crease at about .25" on each end & fold. Glue one end to the back of the large flower in the centre of the heart. Cut a thin slot in the base card, roughly behind where the flower will appear when popped up & feed the strip of card through & glue to the back.
 


This is what it should look like when secured. And that's the pop up stuff done - the rest is all decoration.




I glued a piece of Whisper White card behind the space where the white heart  had been cut from. Then I cut another heart in Real Red cardstock, flipped it over so that the reverse was upward, cut the very bottom point off (as that's where the white heart remains attached to the card) and glued it into the empty space. It will fit snugly, like a jigsaw piece. 



Then I stamped and die cut various elements from the stamp set and arranged them on the heart. The flower centres are cut from silver glimmer paper and I looped some silver thread at the back.

To back the card, I cut a piece of Real Red cardstock slightly larger than the card base and carefully stuck the card base inside with tape. 



I ran a peice of taffeta ribbon round the inside of the card and secured it on the outside with tape, then placed a stamped die cut over the join and finished with a hand tied taffeta bow.



I added a stamped die cut to the back of the card, to write a message. I've kept it small as I do not go in for sloppy smoochy kissy wissy messages. Me & Mr B have been together 28 years and so a brisk and efficient indication of general goodwill is all that is required. Otherwise he starts getting "ideas".

So that's how you can use the Bloomin' Hearts thinlit dies and Bloomin' Love stamps to make a pop up Valentine! I think it would also look really good as a wedding card, all in white. I'll have a go at that this week.

I'll have another pop up card using the Bloomin' Hearts die for you tomorrow, so do come back & check.

And if you want to make this yourself, here's what I used:





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment